cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Japneet_Kaur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I am not a super Excel/AirTable user and tried to peruse the forum before asking my question, but I’m still not able to figure out a solution. Thanks in advance for bearing with a newbie question!

I’m using a table that’s really been copied over from someone else’s setup. There’s a table with objects (items of clothing), and a table with “outfits”, where you can link to objects from the other table.

The “objects” have a field to total Number of Wears. It’s currently set to “Count” - it will show the number of Outfits that Object has been included in. What I’m trying to do is add a manual field where I can change the number at will, and it will then add to the Count of Outfits to update the “Number of Wears” field. I chose “Formula” and added Outfits + Manual Number of Wears.

The issue is that when I do the Count of Outfits, it shows the correct number (the total number of Outfits the Object was in). As soon as I switch to this formula, it returns the total count of Outfits overall (regardless of whether the specific object is in them or not) + the manual number.

I’m not sure how to specify that I want it to pull only the number of Outfits that specific Object is in.

I hope this all makes sense…I’m sure it’s a basic field/formula issue, but I just can’t seem to figure it out.

Thanks so much!

0 Replies 0