Help

How to copy-paste multiple rows from the same table?

Topic Labels: Importing & Exporting
Solved
Jump to Solution
2376 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micha281sth
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, 

I do have a table with 10k rows in it. The table contains WooCommerce orders (including the address from both the buyer and recipient). Each address has about 5 different columns (i.e. address, second address line, postcode, ZIP etc.).

So what I need to do is to append both address types (buyers address and address of recipients) in the same columns. At the end it won't make any difference if it is an address from the buyer or recipient. All data should be in the same columns.

So at the end there should around 20k rows in the table (containing the addresse of both buyers and recipients). I.e. row 1–10000 should contain the buyers addresses and in the same columns from row 10001–20000 the addresses of the recipients. 

How can I add 10k more rows and copy paste the values from the columns (recipient) in the corresponding columns of the buyer? 

Thanks a lot for help, 
Michael

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

hello,

This is one way to do it

1. create a new View with no filters and no sorting
  2. Copy all rows
  3. Select the new row at the bottom of the table and paste
  4. Continue with the "Expand the table" confirmation window
  5. New 10k rows will be added

The reason for no filters and sorting is to avoid forced reordering.

See Solution in Thread

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
it's very easy
arrange fields so that 5 buyer fields together in the same order as recipient fields. switch off any filters, grouping, sort. Select 5 recepient fields, press Ctrl+C (or key sequence for copy in your system)
I show 3x10 example, in your table it should be 50k

Alexey_Gusev_0-1687826226800.png

add new record, put cursor in a first buyer field, press paste (Ctrl+V) , confirm add new 10k records

Alexey_Gusev_1-1687826393636.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

I think if I were you I'd:
1. Duplicate all the records
2. Filter out the original ones
3. For the new ones, copy the data from the columns I want by clicking the header of the columns I want, thus selecting the entire column, and copying
4. Click the header of the corresponding column I want to paste into and pasting into that

Not sure if I've misunderstood what you're trying to do though!

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

hello,

This is one way to do it

1. create a new View with no filters and no sorting
  2. Copy all rows
  3. Select the new row at the bottom of the table and paste
  4. Continue with the "Expand the table" confirmation window
  5. New 10k rows will be added

The reason for no filters and sorting is to avoid forced reordering.

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
it's very easy
arrange fields so that 5 buyer fields together in the same order as recipient fields. switch off any filters, grouping, sort. Select 5 recepient fields, press Ctrl+C (or key sequence for copy in your system)
I show 3x10 example, in your table it should be 50k

Alexey_Gusev_0-1687826226800.png

add new record, put cursor in a first buyer field, press paste (Ctrl+V) , confirm add new 10k records

Alexey_Gusev_1-1687826393636.png

Thanks a lot @Alexey_Gusev , @Sho  and @TheTimeSavingCo . I used the "Expand table" feature and it worked very well. Didn't expect that it was that easy. 

Many thanks for your support!!!