Help

How to select existing record in form and add data, not create a new one?

Topic Labels: Data
251 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caitlyn_Irwin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

How to create a form that adds data to existing records, rather than creating a new record?

For further context; in my table, each record is a Client and their contact details are noted. I want to use a form to add their email subscription status (single select field) without doing it through a filtered grid view.

I tried setting up a form in the Client table but it added a new Client record and didn't allow me to select an existing client. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Airtable has a guide on how to do this here: https://support.airtable.com/docs/use-case-update-records-via-a-form

You can also try using Fillout.com for this too

@Caitlyn_Irwin 

The best, quickest, easiest, and most powerful way to do that is to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Fillout offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

m1data
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Unleash Marketing Mayhem: Detonate Explosive Growth with M1 Data

Tired of marketing that's a dud? M1 Data is your growth warhead.

We're your marketing arsenal of intelligence. Our data peels back hidden customer layers, propelling your campaigns to meteoric success.

Target with pinpoint precision. Reach your ideal customers with laser focus using our hyper-targeted strategies.

Craft messages that mesmerize. We uncover consumer desires, crafting irresistible campaigns with unmatched data accuracy.

Dominate with data-driven decisions. Fuel winning email & SMS strikes with targeted data, guaranteed to skyrocket engagement and conversions.

Welcome to the M1 Data Detonation Zone:

• Unparalleled Data Armory: Tap into a massive B2C intel pool to reach the exact audience you crave.
  • Quality that Defuses Risk: Our data is squeaky clean, ensuring insights for unstoppable success.
  • Your Data Commandos: Our experts are elite forces, unlocking the hidden potential within your data.
  • Tailored Strategies, Not One-Size-Fits-All: We craft data plans that perfectly detonate your unique business goals.
  • Proven Results: We have a track record of blasting past expectations, helping businesses achieve explosive growth.

Ready to ignite your marketing engine and leave the competition in the dust?

Contact M1 Data today ! Let's discuss how our data solutions can be the key to unlocking your exponential growth.