Help

Is it possible to constantly check what time it is?

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
708 1
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Naruto_Uzamaki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! Need some help againšŸ˜… and you all were super helpful last time so here we go again!

I have this formula:

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE({Meeting End Time},'HH:mm'),{Meeting Length}+15,'minute')

And what I am trying to do is have an email sent out in 15 mins after the meeting has ended. I tried:
IF(NOW()=DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE({Meeting End Time},ā€˜HH:mmā€™),{Meeting Length}+15,ā€˜minuteā€™),ā€œYESā€,ā€œNOā€)

Thus making the cell say yes and automation that reads that cell so if it sees ā€œYESā€ to send out an email. But the if statement I realize doesnā€™t constantly check the agreement only when a cell is updated. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The NOW() function updates approximately every 15 minutes (or so) when your base is open, and it updates approximately every 60 minutes (or so) when your base is closed.

So you may want to change your formula to use >= (ā€œgreater than or equal toā€) instead of = (ā€œequal toā€) so that itā€™s not looking for an exact match on the times, but itā€™s looking to see if the current time is greater than or equal to 15 minutes since the ending time of the meeting.