788 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minwoo_Ahn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I am trying to sync Airtable with Google Calendar. In the form of “Add” the URL of Airtable’s “Calendar view” to Google Calendar. However, there was one minor problem. Airtable’s “Date” field now selects Date format and Time format, no more options.

스크린샷 2021-08-25 오후 4.58.24

스크린샷 2021-08-25 오후 4.57.43

However, it would be better if there is a “predefined” time slot for Time when actually entering Airtable’s Date. (For example, 10:00/14:00/19:00 or 10:00-13:00/14:00-17:00/19:00-22:00) Creating a “predefined” time slot like this is " Single Select Field", but this field cannot be used in Calendar View.

스크린샷 2021-08-25 오후 5.37.51

스크린샷 2021-08-25 오후 4.58.39

Of course, I know that it is possible by using an automation tool such as Zapier or Integromat, but as much as possible, I try to subscribe the URL of Airtable’s “Calendar” as it is to Google Calendar. In short, is there any way to use predefined time slots in “Date Field”? Or is there any way to use “non-date” field in “Calendar view”?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Martin_Kopischk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Neither nor. However, you can achieve the same effect by a slightly roundabout way:

1. define the date as a date field without time information;
  2. define the time slots as a single select field;
  3. define a formula field that combines both using DATETIME_PARSE(DATESTR(Date) & " " & Timeslot). Its output will be a date that can be formatted for display the usual way and, significantly, can be used to inform a calendar view.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Martin_Kopischk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Neither nor. However, you can achieve the same effect by a slightly roundabout way:

1. define the date as a date field without time information;
  2. define the time slots as a single select field;
  3. define a formula field that combines both using DATETIME_PARSE(DATESTR(Date) & " " & Timeslot). Its output will be a date that can be formatted for display the usual way and, significantly, can be used to inform a calendar view.