929 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oreocereus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I need users to be able to input data via mobile. Forms hasn't worked for some things for reasons I won't quite get into right now.

Some records need to be input off a plan, which is in another table. On desktop, this works fine - I limit the linked record selection to a relevant view (otherwise I get all plans, irrelevant and past, etc). However this filter doesn't seem to work on the android mobile app... But I could have sworn in my earlier testing, that it did.

It still works fine on desktop.

Is this a known bug? Or have I upset something?

4 Replies 4
oreocereus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So I've found why it seemed to work on my initial tests.

If you use the "+" button to add new record to the grid, then "select plan" it doesn't filter the view. 
However if you have an incomplete record that does not have a plan/story selected, click on the empty linked record field, press link to record, it will use the "limited view" in displaying records that can be linked... which is very un-user friendly. 

It requires creating a new record > closing record > scrolling to the unlinked section > clicking > clicking into "link record" - not very intuitive...

is there no way round this?

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I wouldn’t expect too much from the mobile app just yet. I haven’t released it to my clients because it’s not there yet, but considering how rapidly they’re updating things lately, an issue like yours should be addressed pretty soon. 

Bummer. I hope so, tho I've seen some fairly basic functionality missing for many years. 

They did just push out an update last night. I still have issues with form submissions myself, but you might give it a whirl and see if your issue was resolved