cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olive
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have 3 tables:

1. A Contacts table - lists each contact, their email, their phone number, and their Company. 

2. A Company table - links to all the Contacts for that Company.

3. A License table - lists all license numbers, their expiration dates and links to the particular Company the license is for. 

I was able to use a lookup field in the License table to figure out who the Contacts are for that particular Company. Is there a way for me to pull those Contact(s) email addresses into another field in the License table? 

Or do I first need to use a lookup within the Company table to lookup the emails of all the Contacts associated with those companies, and then pass it over to the Licenses table with another lookup of the Company table? 

2 Replies 2

> Or do I first need to use a lookup within the Company table to lookup the emails of all the Contacts associated with those companies, and then pass it over to the Licenses table with another lookup of the Company table? 

Yeap you'd need to do this

Yes, you can create lookups of a lookup. The only caveat is if your contacts could ever be associated with multiple companies AND your licenses associated with multiple companies then this could lead to duplicated email values appearing in your second lookup (at which point the solution is to use a roll-up field with an arrayunique(values) aggregation in place of your second lookup). But it looks like your company is a single-select link for each contact so all good.