cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikko_Kettunen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables: Devices and Tasks.

How can I link field from Task table to Devices table? I want to link next “Action Date” for dedicated devise from Task table to Devices table.

I have Pro license.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Mikko_Kettunen and welcome to Airtable Community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Basically, you want to create a link field in your Task table and in that field, pull in the Device that is in question. After that, in your DEVICE table, you’ll want to create a ROLLUP field, looking up the maximum ACTION DATE field.

Alternatively, you could create a status checkbox in your TASK sheet and create a view called ACTIVE TASKS and filter it to only show active. Once created, go back to your DEVICE sheet and change the linked field to only look at the ACTIVE TASKS view. This will ensure that you’re only seeing active task. With this in place, I would then suggest changing your ROLL UP formula to be MINIMUM so that it shows the oldest date of any active task.

Hope this helps.

PS. My explanations don’t always work out well. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer a sample base which will illustrate the final results.

Mikko_Kettunen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Nathalie,

This ROLLUP is just perfect my case.

Thank you for your soonest reply :grinning: :thumbs_up:

br. Mikko