1797 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Schollen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to create an easy way for my company to do tree inventory’s for when we are out on site. In the base I have created I have put two fields, Common Name and Botanical Name for identifying trees. I have set it up so the Botanical Name field is a single select field type, and I’ve loaded all the different botanical names of the trees that we might encounter when we are doing tree inventory’s. I was wondering if there was a way to link the Common Name field to the Botanical Name field automatically so that I could avoid having to find the botanical name and common name separately. For example, when I am in the Botanical Name field and select ‘Acer ginalla’ or ‘Acer saccharum’ I want it to automatically link to the correct common name in the Common Name field, which would be ‘Amur Maple’ or ‘Sugar Maple’. This would save us time by eliminating the need to search for the Common Name because it would be automatically linked when picking the Botanical Name.

at.jpg

Any feedback / help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

1 Reply 1
Miroslav_Tunjic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

in a “Common Name” table, you will have 2 Collums “Botanical Name” and “Common Name”
in a “Inventory” table, collumn “Botanical Name” is linked to “Botanical Name” collumn in a “Common Name” table
in a “Inventory” table, “common name” collumn is a look up field to Botanical Name Table looking to a “Common Name” collumn

here is a example

BR