Help

Long text field issues with copy/pasting

Topic Labels: Data
368 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've contacted support for the first time in the summer of 2022 (!) and I'm still having the same 2 issues: 
  1. copy/pasting between long text fields doesn't copy the text style
  2. copy/pasting makes the screen jump from the place in the long text field where I'm copy/pasting to the top of the screen
Both issues are VERY annoying. Is anyone else (still) having this problem? 

@MaddieJ, now that support only seems to work for Enterprise clients, how can I escalate this best?! After hearing from support back then that they would look into it, never heard back from them 😑
4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, sadly, it has been an ongoing issue.

In this recent Airtable Status Update, Airtable states that they have fixed the problems of copying & pasting of rich text cells.

However, none of my problems with rich text fields have been fixed. 

For example, as @Databaser mentioned above, I am still having the problem of copying & pasting of rich text cells.

When I copy & paste from one rich text cell to another rich text cell, all of the previous text formatting completely disappears.
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ScottWorld and @Databaser thank you so much for your patience here! I was out of office, but can you let me know if you're still having this issue?

Thanks, @MaddieJ! Yes, this is still a partial issue for me. I submitted a Loom video to Airtable Support a few days ago... let me know if you need me to send you the link to the Loom video, too!

Got it, thanks for the update @ScottWorld! As it's with Support, we'll let them take it from here. Appreciate your patience! 🙂