629 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GA_DSDA
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am building a database and keep a history of the membership for every year. For example look up a member to see if he was a member for the year 2015. so, how do I set this up please. Membership Yearly History

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I would set this up like this:

A members table:

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 16.56.06

And a subscriptions table showing the membership subscription for a member/year combination:

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 16.56.13

You can lookup the membership years on the members table (as shown) or click into the detail of a member’s record to see the years they have subscribed or been a member

By separating out subscriptions and members you can, for example, modify the subscription over time, e.g. membership fees might change by year (if you have fees).

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I would set this up like this:

A members table:

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 16.56.06

And a subscriptions table showing the membership subscription for a member/year combination:

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 16.56.13

You can lookup the membership years on the members table (as shown) or click into the detail of a member’s record to see the years they have subscribed or been a member

By separating out subscriptions and members you can, for example, modify the subscription over time, e.g. membership fees might change by year (if you have fees).