1387 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulrich_Feindt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We have an internal custom (based on the print records app example) for printing a list of all records (project items) that are linked to a record in another table (projects). I’m trying to find a way to open that extension from an interface. In the table I added a button to the projects table that opens the extension with the project selected (through the useRecordActionData hook) but that field is not a button when added to an interface.

So, I am wondering whether there are other ways to open an extension with dynamic input:

• Is there another type of component that can be added to an interface similar to the button fields?
  • Extensions can be linked to in order to open them in fullscreen mode. Can additional query parameters be passed to the extension? (Then I could use an interface button with a dynamic link.)
3 Replies 3
KVachon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Ulrich,

Interfaces now have a “Button” element which you can use similarly to the button field in your base. You should be able to add an element and Button will be the last on the list.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I had seen those buttons in the interface but, unfortunately, they do not have the same action options. I’m specifically looking for the option to open a custom extension.

The best alternative that I could find in the options of an interface button is to open a URL from the record (so the URL could contain the record ID). However, there seems to be no way to pass additional data to an extension when opening it via a URL.

FcYid
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to have it direct in the interface.