15768 22
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomas_Carey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Trying to figure the basics of Airtable. At this point i just want to populate a Single Select field in Table A with information in a field from Table B. Doable?
Thank you for our time ~ Tom

22 Replies 22
Emmett_Nicholas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes-- if you paste into a Single Select field, it will automatically create new select options based on the pasted values.

Depending on exactly what you’re doing though (depending on the relationship between Table A and Table B), it’s possible that linked records + lookups are what you’re after. Here’s an article explaining how lookups work: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202576519-Guide-to-formula-lookup-count-and-rollup-fi...

OK the LookUp + Single Select works. An interesting way to get there but all is well.

Tom

brian_money
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be very nice to be able to poplulate a Single Select or Multiple Select with a Rollup from a linked table.

I’m using airtable as a PIM (product information managment). When mapping product attributes to various marketplace (Amazon, Overstock, etc…), it’s very important that the attribute value be exact. I maintain an Attributes table and an AttributeValues table. After linking an attribute to a product, it would be extremely helpful to populate a select with the values from AttribributeValues. This would ensure the value is correct.

Airtable really is a wonderful product, this addition would make quite a few things easier for our use.

Thanks!

Jim_Margolis

I think this is a related or identical question, I can’t quite tell.

In Table 1, I have a list of names. In Table 2, I’d like a single select drop down list that comes from the list of names in Table. This way I can add more names to the column in Table 1 and have them show up as options on the list in Table 2. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I have played around with linked records and can’t figure it out.

Thanks,
Jim

Gustavo_VD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Thomas_Carey, @Emmett_Nicholas,
Did you manage to populate the Single Select (dropdown) with data from another table using a Lookup? I can’t get my head around it. If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I’m trying to add a Single Select (categories), that pulls the options from a “Categories” table.

Thanks!

Did you find the solution to this? I’m new to Airtable and am trying to accomplish the same goal.

Gustavo_VD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Burner no I haven’t. But still curious whether it’s possible.

Carlos_Torres
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, you can, You only need to add typecast = true to the Records JSON,
Example:
{
“records”:
[
{
“fields”: {
“Field 1”: “Test”,
“Field 2”: “Single Select field” }
}
], “typecast”: true
}

I used this example to add-update multiple records (10 records per request)

Theo_Michel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don’t think @Carlos_Torres response does what we want, since we’re not trying to “add-update” records. We just want a single select dropdown populated by a linked record field. How could this feature not exist?