cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anton1us
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Community,

I tried to find anything close to what I’m building, using Airtable and decided to open this topic. I’m operating small print shop with design and photo services. I have a needs to have preset products and services catalogue for fast estimation and automated inventory. Then using separate tabs to collect estimates and then force them to invoices.

Here is an issue. If I deciding to change any data in the Product Catalogue or Material’s Inventory its automatically updates closed estimates and invoices. Is there any way, maybe when you change status of the estimate and invoice its lock the data they way it is on the time of closing?

Thank you in advance for any information!

2 Replies 2
Noel_Howell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You could duplicate a product row every time you want to change it and then rename the old product to ‘archived’. That way if you see it on an invoice you know it hasn’t changed. Plus you end up with a nice history of the product.

I’m not sure if this is how inventory affects your estimates, but if you are automatically decreasing inventory from an estimate, then you should be manually marking the estimates fulfilled and set up your formula to exclude anything fulfilled.

anton1us
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Noel, thank you so much for your quick reply and idea. You showed me different perspective of keeping history of changes. Maybe this is the way.