2242 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blake_Sorrell
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a field that contains multiple items, each item has a number of fields, one of which being a checkbox. I want to populate a another field based on selecting the one item that has a checked box.

I tried doing a lookup field for that checkbox but can’t figure out how to select the one with a checkbox.

6 Replies 6

Can you explain which Tables (and their Fields) do you have? A Lookup is very easy:

Let say you have Events and Venues, linked with a Linked Record field type. You have a Address field in the Venues, and you add a Lookup field in the Events table, to retrieve the Adress: select the Venues table, select the Adress field, and voila.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion makes sense but I think I might be trying to do something a little more complicated. But I’m new so…

To simplify. I have one Record in a Field. That one record may have multiple items. I want to select only the records (should probably only be one) with a checked box to populate a record in another Table.

Product Options Field

• Linked Field from another table Product Options
  • Each record in the Linked Product Options Field may have multiple items
  • If one of those items is checked, I want to select that item for a Field “Chosen Product”

I don’t understand your base :grinning_face_with_sweat:

The Records are in the Tables, the Fields have Values. A field type is Linked Records, where you can link to one or several Records from other Table.

What? Maybe you mean that you have a Linked Record field with the “multiple records” option checked?

Maybe you are talking about the “filters for selection list of Records for Linked Record field”. This is not possible, you have some threads about: https://community.airtable.com/search?q=linked%20record%20filter

What? Again, maybe you mean that you have a Linked Record field (named -consistently- Product Options) with the “multiple records” option checked?

What Field is that? It is from the Main table (that I don’t know the name…)? That’s why I asked for the base strcuture. It’s easy:

Table “Events”

• Date field “Date”
  • Linked Record field “Venue”
  • Currency field “Price”

Table “Venues”

• Text field “Name”
  • Number field “Size” (square feet/meters)
  • Linked Record field “Events”

Then it’s much easier to help you. I think what you want to do is possible, but I think that maybe your base structure is not good. If the Tables or Fields are not so obvious as in my example, explain what kind of information they stores, or what want you to achieve. I mean, I don’t know what exactly are “Product Options” or the Checkbox.

Thanks man. Sorry to confuse you. This is my first day using the base and maybe I’m trying to go too fast :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve watched the videos and read the tuturials but maybe I should focus on getting the most out of the stock capabilities and see what I discover.

Blake_Sorrell

Didn’t realize I was such a heartbreaker :grinning: I’ll keep you posted. I appreciate the help.