Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Sheldon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am new to Airtable.
I have come over from FileMaker Pro.
I would like to know if there is a feature or app that can use a record as the basis for email: i.e. populate the to field and use the project name as the subject.
I do not want to send the record itself I just want to use it in this way.

9 Replies 9
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Something like this?

Not really.
Thats what I don’t want: what I wasn’t is to populate an email with the data from a record in air table.

You can use the fields that you want to populate the part of the email that you want. Seems to be what you want :thinking:

Have you read this part?

You can also use variables in other parts of the email template. In constructing the email’s subject line, for example, you can have it say the name of the new deal record that was just created by using the Name variable.

Hmmm.
That involves a new record though - so the record would have to be the message.
:thinking:

Might work…thanks very much for the input

Hi Robert

Instead of Zapier, you could use Integromat and have it query the table periodically ( the maximum frequency depends on your account but it could be every minute). When it finds a record with a certain flag set (probably a single select field) it could then send the email and a final step would be to update the flag field to indicate the message is sent and avoid sending again.

With Integromat you could also, quite easily, have the same scenario send different messages based upon the value in a field (which could be the flag field) because it has branching logic capabilities.

Hope this helps - you can see more about Integromat here

Sounds good! :slightly_smiling_face:

This looks very interesting. Thanks for the share.

Daniel_Farina1

@Robert_Sheldon
They just released this feature to send emails using sendgrid

https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005572493-SendGrid-block