345 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pam_Elliott1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

HI all - First time on this asking for advice, hoping I’m doing this correctly!
I’m creating a database for crew members doing Covid testing schedules for a movie production coming up. I for some reason can’t wrap my head around how to set this up so that it’s great in Airtable.
Situation:
Tons of crew members in various “Zones”. Depending on which Zone they’re in sets how many times they test. For example Crew person 1 is in Zone A and gets tested 3 times a week. Crew Person 2 in Zone B gets tested 1 time a week and Crew in Zone C get tested every 2 weeks. Trying to figure out how I can have the testing dates set up in a table and then when I put a zone A/B/C that person gets populated into the correct testing dates (ie: Zone A person gets put into every testing date, Zone B gets put into weekly testing date and Zone C into every other week testing date).
So I was hoping to have one table be grouped into all the testing dates for Feb (ie 2/10, 2/12, 2/15, 2/17, 2/19, etc). Then in another table I have list of all crew members names and info and I would put in what Zone they are in. Now depending on what zone they are they need to populate back into the other table under the correct dates… Zone A gets into every testing date, Zone B only the Monday testing dates and ZOne C into every other week.
Is this done by linking table records or is it more complicated with a formula or ‘if/then’ type of thing?
Thank you!
Pam

0 Replies 0