Help

Show image attachments in Grouped views?

1485 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixelkicks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a base with a number of views, one of them which is Grouped by a field that uses attachments.

Is it possible to somehow show this image next to the name of each group? For example, rather than just having grouped sections comprised of the field name and value in pure text, a thumbnail of their attachment image would be visible.

Would be a nice touch to make it more visual.

Chris.

5 Replies 5

That would be a nice tough, I do agree.

Regards,
Nathalie Collins
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vacepro/

9b152bb3cfd1ce72db105aab8e724837f5a4c88a.jpeg

VAcePro

Data Optimization, Organization and Visualization

I can’t group by Attachment fields, do you mean any other type like Lookup or Formula?

bc9c9c9c470572f978020604641d4ec8b0670b36.png

No, I don’t mean grouping by attachment fields. I mean to show a thumbnail of an attachment next to each group, where the attachment is related to the field. The field I’m grouping on is from another table, which uses attachments.

Here’s a mock-up of what I visualise it could look like:

Group-Attachments.jpg

So you meant ‘grouped by a Linked Record field where that table has an Attachment field’? It’s not possible, maybe you could add this to #product-suggestions.

Jesus_Perez-Mir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, I reallly would love this feature too!
Maybe you can add something similar to the “Customize cards” option already present in Gallery view? Ideally, it would show up when grouping elements in Grid view. The goal is to be able to display a single Thumbnail representing the whole group. Right now, we are forced to display multiple Thumbnails within the Group (one per grouped record). So if you add a Thumbnail as a Lookup field from another linked table, all the records in the group end up displaying the same common image repeatedly.