2332 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js3999
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Does Airtable have a simple search feature similar to the "Find" in Excel? Suppose a user is updating random fields in a 10,000 record mailing list. They need to quickly find a specific record based on varying criteria such as an unusual last name, phone number, address, whatever information might be available to find the record. In Excel this type of task is a no-brainer, what is Airtable's (hopefully) equivalent search functionality? I've seen the filter feature, that would be extremely tedious for random searches of this type. I'm new to Airtable, maybe the feature I need is right in front of me and I overlooked it. Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I just gave you the answer. If the keyboard shortcut doesn't work on your computer, then you can always click on the magnifying glass which is all the way to the right side of the toolbar.

See Solution in Thread

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To echo what @ScottWorld said, if you use ctrl-f / cmd-f in Airtable you can search through your records based on your criteria. I've included a screenshot to demonstrate. 

Screenshot 2023-10-27 215828.png

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9

Command-F on Mac or Control-F on PC. 

js3999

???? That displays the Find dialog in Excel, I'm looking for a similar feature in Airtable.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I just gave you the answer. If the keyboard shortcut doesn't work on your computer, then you can always click on the magnifying glass which is all the way to the right side of the toolbar.

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

To echo what @ScottWorld said, if you use ctrl-f / cmd-f in Airtable you can search through your records based on your criteria. I've included a screenshot to demonstrate. 

Screenshot 2023-10-27 215828.png

js3999

Do you have an Airtable extension of some kind? CTL-F does nothing in my browser?? 

Nothing happens in my browser. I'm using Firefox. I'm new to Airtable, are there extensions that add this type of functionality?

js3999

I had the help panel open to the right, apparently that prevented me from seeing the find feature. I'm set now, thanks.

All set now, thanks for the response.

js3999

One last update.. I don't know what was happening. Now CTL-F is working perfectly and it wasn't the help panel preventing it before, maybe a conflict with hot keys in another app or such. Who knows. Moving on, thanks for the help.