711 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello community,
Hope that you may help me with this one.
I am trying to build a system that will help my with inventory tracking. So far so good, and there are many great templates and tutorials out there.
HOWEVER, I haven’t figure out yet how to solve my issue: From time to time, employees take equipment from our warehouse for a specific project, and I want to keep track of everything.
I thought about making a table for each time someone takes something, and then finding a way to reduce the amount of available items from the amount of items that went out from our warehouse. but - I have no idea how to do that.
Making a row for each project is not ideal as well, because each project uses several items with different quantitates.

Any suggestions or tips?

THANK YOU!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there,

There are a few ways to do that.

One way is to create a check-in/check out table where you add a record each time someone takes something out or in and then use rollup/count fields to figure out whether it’s in or out (odd number of records -> out, even -> in).

Best
Aron

Want to learn Airtable? Join me for a webinar at airtable.com/webinar

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there,

There are a few ways to do that.

One way is to create a check-in/check out table where you add a record each time someone takes something out or in and then use rollup/count fields to figure out whether it’s in or out (odd number of records -> out, even -> in).

Best
Aron

Want to learn Airtable? Join me for a webinar at airtable.com/webinar