3608 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed_Moore
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Me again, still working on same database as Going mad trying to avoid duplicates with ARRAYUNIQUE.

I’m trying to create a field that shows a date-ordered list of unique dates on which the items on the table are listed in a linked table.

The rollup (or a lookup) works fine, and ARRAYUNIQUE() is doing its thing, however the result is a slightly strange, non-sequential order which I think might be related to the creation time of each record.

Has anyone got any bright ideas of a workaround that might let me sort this into a sensible order?

8 Replies 8
John_Beaudoin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

BUMP

@Ed_Moore, I just ran into the same issue with concatenated results in a roll-up. The results appear to be ordered by record creation. I need them to be alphanumerically sorted, as I’m using the rollup field in the “Page Designer” block to produce a list.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
JB

Today I ran into the same problem. I think it is related to entry order, and that really messes up the whole idea of the rollup for me.
Anyone ideas to help out?

Also interested in this!

Joel_Ronne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has anyone found a solution to ordering rollups? I would be ok if I could just reverse the order so that the latest entry was shown at the top.

As much as I like some of the new introduced AT features, I really really REALLY would love to see this fixed. Some stuff in my databases I just can’t use because of this flaw.

Ydelbys_Perez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everybody, i really do need to do this too. I need to get the look up field ordered. Or register in a field the order of the item order in a view.

Hi Airtable! Is there any news about my question? As long as the order in the rollup result can not be controlled it is impossible for me to use it!

Please let me know if there are any developments in this area.

Regards,
André

Unfortunately, the only way that you can change the order is to do this manually by one of the following methods:

1. Drag-and-drop your linked records into a different order within the linked record field, or
  2. Use the batch update extension to sort the linked record values within the linked record field.

Alternatively, for a slightly more automated way of doing it, you could:

1. Write a custom JavaScript to do it for you, or
  2. Use a no-code automation tool like Make.com (which doesn’t require any coding).

It would be amazing if Airtable offered automatic sorting of linked records, especially since more advanced database platforms like FileMaker natively offer this feature built into their product.

So be sure to email support@airtable.com about adding this important feature into the product.