791 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi. I want to send a form to customers, for filling out their personal information and information of the product they want to return (but they are not sending it back yet). When we check their information and approve it, then they can send the item back to us. In this step I want to update form, by adding the field "tracking number". Is this possible?

I already have a form, but I was wondering if I can update it, by adding extra field. To that I would get another field when the form is updated. I know that you can update info in a form using Fillout.

Thanks in andvance

4 Replies 4

Hi @SpelaU , first, you could create a table called 'Tracking Number' with the appropriate lookups. Then, create an automation that generates a new record in the 'Tracking Number' table when you approve the customer's form. Once it's done, you can create another automation that triggers when a new tracking number is generated. This automation will send an email to the customer with all the summary information, including the tracking number. This way, there is no need to make any specific modifications to your form, and you can manage your specific problem in an easier way.

Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

Thanks, I get your thinking.. but I was actually planning that the customer sends me the tracking number, because he will be sending the item back to me. That is why I wanted to create form .. so that when he send me the tracking number I will automatically have it in AT.  But I want the form to be somehow connected to the RMA ID (his first form). If you know what I mean? 🙂

Is this possible with the way you described? 

hi @SpelaU,

I understand the issue, a solution could be sending an Airtable form with the response email with a field that gets pre-filled with the tracking number. Therefore, when the client fills in the form and submits it, the form response contains the tracking number that connects it to the original record. This form could also have additional questions like address, email, phone etc.

Yup, that is exactly was I want.. but I don't know how to. 🙂 I don't know how to create a form that connects to the other form (when the client fills in the form and submits it, the form response contains the tracking number that connects it to the original record).