cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lautermilch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am a commercial insurance agent and have create a pipeline report. I have a working formula that tells me how many days I have left before a policy needs to be renewed - 

DATETIME_DIFF((WORKDAY({Due Date},0)),TODAY(),'days')

is there a way to show positive and negative numbers in different colors?
Example
The Smith liability policy is up in 30 days when I enter it. So every passing day the countdown decrements. That works fine.
But I use the same date field for new policy so if Mr. Jones was a policy it was show a negative numbers on the second day since I use the current day when I first get the file.
The idea is to glance at the table and see what is most important.
Any feedback would be welcome. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lautermilch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks to both of you. I am on the free plan at this time and don't have colors or emojis. The formula worked but the cell showed the name of the emoji. I was on the paid plan for a while but $20 is a bit much for only one sheet that I use this for.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Not in the cell itself, but you could use conditional record coloring for this, based on your formula field.

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Or use emojis.

IF({Due Date},

IF(
    DATETIME_DIFF((WORKDAY({Due Date},0)),TODAY(),'days')>=0,
    "🔵",
    "🔴"
  )&
  DATETIME_DIFF((WORKDAY({Due Date},0)),TODAY(),'days')
)
Lautermilch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks to both of you. I am on the free plan at this time and don't have colors or emojis. The formula worked but the cell showed the name of the emoji. I was on the paid plan for a while but $20 is a bit much for only one sheet that I use this for.

Emojis would be available on the free plan.
It is a copy-paste issue.
Press Windows+. key and try inputting it again yourself.