Thought it would be a great time to post another update on Destiny Search Project and our use of Airtable. For those that do not know we posted this original post when we first started using Airtable in 2016.
Well, we have continued working on updating the system continually. We are now in Alpha Testing of our newest version (4.5 now!) With the addition of some of the beta features, and now including Blocks, we have really made some big changes.
The biggest change is that we have now used embedded forms on our website to create a very easy to use interface for volunteers. We went with forms as when we have active searches we have many “staff” that come and go with very few permanent team members. We didn’t want to have to manage adding, removing, and training volunteers daily (sometimes hourly) so used forms to develop an easy to learn the system.
In the future, we hope to learn more about using the API to create a fully integrated operations system directly through the website. If anyone is a master at the API and wants to volunteer time and services please let me know :slightly_smiling_face:
With that brief introduction complete here is the sneak peek video on our upcoming changes and new system: