cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShortcutsFan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Airtable Community,

I wanted to share a neat trick I discovered for those of us who use Firefox as our primary browser. As many of you might know, the Airtable Web Clipper extension doesn’t support Firefox. This was a bit of a setback for me since I rely heavily on Airtable for organizing my web content. But, I found a workaround using iOS Shortcuts that mimics the Web Clipper functionality perfectly!

I’ve created a detailed video tutorial to walk you through the entire process. You can watch it here: 

ShortcutsFan_0-1718966889303.gif

Blue Dark Blue Gradient Color and Style Video Background.jpg

Here’s what I did:

1. Setting Up the Shortcut:

• First, I created a custom shortcut on my iPhone/iPad that allows me to clip webpages directly into Airtable. This involves selecting the page, sharing it, and then triggering the shortcut.
  2. Using the Shortcut:

• When I’m on a webpage I want to clip, I simply hit the share button, choose my shortcut, and it prompts me to select the Airtable table where I want to save the webpage. For instance, I have a table for articles, and it saves the title and URL of the webpage seamlessly.
  3. Cross-Platform Usage:

• The best part is, this shortcut works on both MacOS Firefox browsers and on iOS devices. So, whether I’m on my MacBook or my iPhone, I can clip webpages effortlessly.

Why This is Awesome:

• Seamless Integration: The shortcut works almost exactly like the Web Clipper, making it easy to save important web content directly into Airtable without switching browsers.
  • Cross-Device Functionality: Whether you’re on your Mac or iPhone, the shortcut ensures you can clip webpages wherever you are.
  • Easy Setup: Setting up the shortcut is straightforward, and once it’s done, clipping webpages becomes a breeze.

If you’re interested in getting these shortcuts, you can visit this link to get them.

Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you’ve tried something similar. I’m excited to hear how others are optimizing their Airtable workflows!

Thanks for reading! I love this amazing app.

1 Reply 1
davidlc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you, this discovery saves me a lot of time