Help

How to create a heading / subheading in a form?

1042 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruyaae
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to add a heading / subheading in my Airtable form to separate the different sets of questions. On the Airtable "how to create a form" page, there is this image containing a "subheading" field:

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 14.26.23.png

The circled "sub-heading" option doesn't seem to exist anywhere when I'm creating new fields. Am I missing something or did they make a mistake on the Support page?

3 Replies 3

That photo is misleading because they named a field "subheading"... it's not referring to a subheading for the form.

Airtable’s forms are extremely basic and they do not support groupings, subheadings, headings, or any other styling options at all.

You would need to turn to an external form app to get what you want:

1. Fillout natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and gives tons of advanced features that are all Airtable-specific.

2. JotForm is possibly the most feature-rich form software on the Internet, although it doesn’t natively communicate with Airtable. The best thing to do is to send the data from JotForm to Airtable using Make’s JotForm integrations.

3. Cognito Forms has some great features than even JotForm doesn’t have, such as unlimited line items. And you can send data from Cognito Forms to Airtable using Make’s Cognito Forms integrations.

Hi @ruyaae,

Unfortunately you cannot create a heading/subheading in an Airtable form. You can, however, add such layout items by using third-party form providers like Jotform, Cognito Forms or Fillout.

I hope this helps!

Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

@Alessio_Monino That is exactly what I just said above. Please don't copy and paste my solutions for people and pretend that they are your solutions. You have been doing this with several of my posts over the last week.