Integromat came back to me, they thought it was because the options were case-sensitive and it’s true that some capitalized letters were missing.
After fixing it, nothing worked better.
Let me describe step by step the whole thing:
I use Zapier to push data from a Copper opportunity (Copper is a CRM) into an Airtable sheet. In this sheet, there’s a multiselect column where I store all the products & services I’ve sold to a customer. I didn’t store any options in Airtable beforehand and everything works fine.
Once I have this collection of products & services stored in this multiselect column, I’d like to feed another Airtable sheet where each line will be one product. Imagine I’ve sold three products to one customer, I’d like to create three lines for each of them. The column where I will read the name of the service or product sold is a single select column. To do so, I use Integromat and their handy iterator module.
In another table, I’d like to the same as step 2 except that I’d like to repeat this process multiple times. Imagine I’ve sold three services to one customer that I’ve committed to deliver every month, I’d like to create three lines for each of them x the number of months during the deal runs. The column where I will read the name of the service is a single select column. It’s my long-term preview and here again, I use Integromat and their handy iterator & repeater modules.
Everything worked fine and not only once until earlier this month.
Here I’m trying to fix the third step as it’s the most complicated.
What I see is that the first service sold is correctly reported in Airtable, Integromat does create the right number of lines and push correctly every single information. Then when the second loop starts, it crashes immediately, reporting that the parameters of the single select column are invalid.
Integromat quotes what are the valid values expected when you set up the scenario and turn on the mapping option. Even after copying and pasting these values, the parameters aren’t valid.
So to my understanding, Integromat is throwing the wrong error. Now, I’m trying to figure out why only the first loop works, that’s my best lead.
I’ve tried to get rid off the single select column and change it to a classic short text type of column, it didn’t fix my issue. This test tends to confirm my guess that the parameters have nothing to do in this story, there’s an error somewhere else.
One last thing: I’ve contacted Airtable support to see if anything regarding the single and multiple select columns has been changed or subject to a recent update, they told me no. If there’s a technical dysfunction somewhere, it’s probably on Integromat’s side.