1530 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russ_Tanner
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m thinking about using Airtable for my business. But I’m not sure if it will work. I was hoping someone in the community can tell me whether what I’m trying to do is possible.

I’m a life coach. I’ve accumulated a large library of information over the past few years. And I want to organize it. That way when I’m coaching people and I remember something I want to share, I can easily find it in Airtable. For example, let’s say there’s a meditation tip I’ve learned I’d like to be able to add the tip but also categorize it in some way to make it easy to find. And maybe even give it a star rating so when I pull up all meditation tips, by category (if that’s possible), I can see which ones are the most effective, based on the star rating.

The second thing I want to do is create a CRM to keep track of my clients. I know I can do that. But what I don’t know is whether it’s possible to create meeting notes. For example, if I meet with someone once a week, I need a place to put a note for that specific meeting and have it attached to that particular client. That way I can easily pull up a sequence of notes to see how the client has progressed. Is this possible? If so, what would that look like? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Russ_Tanner!

Yes, all of this is possible in Airtable. In fact, you may have even outlined the perfect use case scenario for Airtable. Not every system is a perfect match for Airtable, but it sounds like this one would be!

Regarding your meeting notes, you would just create a separate table for “meeting notes” and link your clients table to your “meeting notes” table. Every time you meet with a client, you would create a new note for them in the “meeting notes” table.

Regarding finding information & keeping it organized: You can group and/or filter your meditation tips by category and/or star rating. Similarly, you can group and/or filter your meeting notes by client. And you can sort your meeting notes by date, so they can be in chronological order.

p.s. BTW, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to design your entire system for you, feel free to send me a private message!

Thanks for the reply. Let me play around with it. If I need help, I will reach out :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks.

I have multiple clients. So you’re saying create a table called “Meeting Notes” and put the notes for everyone in that table and then link that to my other tabled called “CRM” that has my clients name, email, etc.?

Yes, that’s right.

Each record in your “CRM” table will be a client that links to one or more notes in your “Meeting Notes” table.

Each record in your “Meeting Notes” table is a note that will have a date, one linked client, and the note itself.

Cool. Thanks. Let me play around with it again. I appreciate your help.