836 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamin_evans
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to build out a base that helps me understand the cost of owning a car taking into account loans, gas, depreciation, and so on. Does anyone have any leads on how I might start?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @benjamin_evans,

Hope you are having a great day. I would recommend modifying an already-created template such as this expense tracking template or this personal expense tracking template from the Airtable universe.

What you may want to do is create another table for each car you are expense tracking and use linked records to lookup and rollup the various cost fields.

Give that a shot and let me know if you run into anything else on this! :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Adam_Minich
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @benjamin_evans,

Hope you are having a great day. I would recommend modifying an already-created template such as this expense tracking template or this personal expense tracking template from the Airtable universe.

What you may want to do is create another table for each car you are expense tracking and use linked records to lookup and rollup the various cost fields.

Give that a shot and let me know if you run into anything else on this! :slightly_smiling_face: