704 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel_Baena
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everybody! Sorry if the question is too basic, I’m new to airtable…

I’m trying to keep the wine inventory of my restaurant in airtable, and use a shared grid view to show the wine menu. During Covid situation we cannot use paper menus and we have a QR code so client use its own phone to read it. I have all items sorted by wine type using groups, then price… it works great.

The question is: can I add the group name in top of the item list? The list is quite long and non-expert clients will get lost (they are using a smartphone to read). It would be great to have something like:

White wines:

• xxxx
  • xxxx
  • xxxx

Red wines:

• xxx
  • xxx

“White wines” and “Red wines” are coming from a single select field which I use to group them.

Any comments or recommendations will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much and keep safe!!

Angel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Angel_Baena!

Airtable doesn’t anchor the grouping header at the top of the page (although that would be a very cool feature request, which you can suggest in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category).

However, you could use something like this tool, which anchors a filter drop-down menu at the top of the page. Then, your customers could just click on the drop-down menu to switch to a different wine category:

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Angel_Baena!

Airtable doesn’t anchor the grouping header at the top of the page (although that would be a very cool feature request, which you can suggest in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category).

However, you could use something like this tool, which anchors a filter drop-down menu at the top of the page. Then, your customers could just click on the drop-down menu to switch to a different wine category: