Daily records for log in and out of Airtable

Hello.
I need to create a base to daily record the time and date that the Airtable app is open or closed and associate that with the user.
I need to record at what time the user opened up Airtable and closed it.
It would need some kind of trigger that automatic creates a record, populating “created time” and “created by”. And then using some kind of “NOW()” formula to keep updating until Airtable is disconnected - then it would save the last hour “recorded”.

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance

Yep - did this for two clients using two different approaches.

Analytics from Google Workspaces

• Using the Sites feature in Workspaces, enforce a policy that requires users to access Airtable via a specific Intranet web page.
  • Track the activity using Workspaces login data to the clicks in the Airtable access point.
  • Roll this data up into an analytics base using the API and Google Apps Script.

Analytics from a Custom App

• Create a custom app that all Airtable users install.
  • Ideally, such app contains important information of features needed to do their work.
  • Use the Airtable SDK features (such as useSession) to monitor everything the user is doing.
  • Write desired analytics to a table or ideally, not where any user can see the data (i.e., a web service or other base).

Using the first approach requires the team is on Google Workspaces. The second approach even allows us to compute certain productivity metrics by user.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.