Help

Date Bug after enter date

1450 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everybody,

Today I entered a couple of records, and I entered a date of birth of a person (using a form). The date: 10/28/1936 (October 28th). I entered it like this 10281936 and gave an ENTER.
The result: 10/27/1936!!

Instead of entering the date, I selected the date in the popup calendar, and now 10/28/1936 was entered the right way.

Also I tried to enter it like 10/28/1936 with an ENTER but that had the same result (10/27/1936).

Anyone any ideas how this can be?

Regards,
André

6 Replies 6

The only thing I can imagine is a time zone issue. If you are in one of the negative UTC zones, then the function that converts the date might be mistakenly going to UTC/GMT first, before displaying in the field.

Hmm that could be the case. I’m located in the Netherlands. At the moment when this happened it was 5.00pm local time. Maybe this info makes it more clear? There is a 6 hours difference with Eastern Time.

Regards,
André

I can’t seem to replicate your problem, but of course, I’m in the EST time zone, so I wouldn’t be able to replicate it, if my hypothesis is correct. But along these lines, perhaps the problem only occurs at certain times of day for you?

Regardless, if you haven’t already, I’d contact the dev team, because this isn’t something that you should have to account for as an end-user. It’s an odd bug, and a dangerous one, especially since it also occurs on forms.

I think I will do that.

This is what really puzzles me: when I enter with the ENTER key, it happens, but not when I click on the date in the mini calendar. Very odd. So, that seems to tell me that it may not be a time zone thing.

Yeah, you’re only an hour off UTC and weren’t using it around midnight, so that would suggest that something else is going on.

I thought it might have played a role because someone else had mentioned a problem with the “standard” date entry, although in their case, it was a CSV import. It seems to be something wrong with the specific function that converts the “friendly” date to the internal representation (that is then formatted as MM/DD/YYYY).

Oh actually, can you enter it as 1936-10-28 and see what happens?

The format of the Date field is “US”. So, when I try to enter it as you described it wouldn’t recognize it. Actually, no date would show up in the mini calendar.

Let’s see what Airtable Support will say about it. Thanks for your time! :slightly_smiling_face: