cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hady_Abdelnour
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Guys,
I have used a formula that I copied from an answer here to create an end of month field.
I have transaction dates for sales and i want to get the end of month date for each transaction date. It works for all months except when a transaction takes place in any december for some reason, in any year. For any other months, it works fine.
This is the formula that I am using:

DATEADD(
DATETIME_PARSE(
DATETIME_FORMAT(
{TX DATE},
‘YYYY’
) & ‘-’ &
(VALUE(
DATETIME_FORMAT(
{TX DATE},
‘MM’
)
)
+ 1)
& ‘-01’,
‘YYYY-MM-DD’
) , -1, ‘day’
)

Can anyone try to pinpoint what’s wrong with it please?
Thank you

Hady

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here you go:

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE(MONTH(DATEADD({TX Date},1,'month')) & "/" & 1 & "/" & YEAR(DATEADD({TX Date},1,'month'))),-1,'day')

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here you go:

DATEADD(DATETIME_PARSE(MONTH(DATEADD({TX Date},1,'month')) & "/" & 1 & "/" & YEAR(DATEADD({TX Date},1,'month'))),-1,'day')

Please don’t do this.

People here do want to help, but every single person here (aside from Airtable staffers) is volunteering their time. Assuming that nobody wants to help is illogical, and effectively calling out the entire community for not replying to your post within your desired timeframe is more divisive than encouraging. Nobody likes a guilt trip, and a guilt trip coming from someone we don’t know who pulls the emotional card (referring to the “lovely” community and adding the sad emoji) just feels icky.

Please, please never do this again. We absolutely love to help, but that help comes on our terms. The moment you try to force someone to help you is the moment that some people stop wanting to help.

Noted Jarrett,

I meant it as a joke. And someone did end up giving me the solution, I hope no one got offended.

I agree with @Justin_Barrett‘s sentiments above. And it would also be nice for you to thank the person who gave you the solution, and mark the answer as the solution by clicking on the solution button.

i didn’t know about the solution click. Thanks for the answer Scott I wasn’t on my laptop yesterday.

Thanks, it’s perfect

I’m sorry, but it didn’t come across as a joke to me, maybe because I’ve seen too many similar comments when people weren’t joking, or maybe because it’s not obviously a joke. You’ve got to be really obvious when joking in text. And frankly, I wouldn’t even joke about something like this. If you want to follow up and bump the thread because it hasn’t had any replies, that’s fine, but give it at least a week, not just a day. Any bump within 24 hours of the original post tends to come across as, “I’m impatient and believe that I’m entitled to a rapid response,” no matter how it’s worded. I’ve seen people bump a thread within a few hours of their original post, which is really aggravating. It could come from the mistaken impression that the forum is official tech support vs a user forum. Regardless, patience is key.

Hey Justin,

Totally understand, no entitlement, I appreciate everyone s input here and always have benefited from it greatly.

Hady