Find a duplicate link in a lookup field

First time posting, so sorry if this is categorized wrong. I’ve spent a long time digging through archives here and don’t think I’ve found a solution yet.

I have an online store selling national park tokens that has a membership. When you become a member, you get access to all 63 np tokens, and you can order however many of them at anytime you want (they become $0). But you only get 1 of each. Technically in my store, there’s no way for me to control if someone accidentally (or on purpose) orders more than 1 of a certain kind, whether that’s in the same order or a month later. There’s no, “hey you already ordered this one.” What will happen is, we just won’t send that duplicate token with their order. So basically I only need to see what duplicates there are, and I thought Airtable could help.

I have Zapier setup to import each order into Orders and it will list out each token they purchased, and the buyer becomes a Member.

For the time being I have a dumb quick fix, where you can see on the Member table I just set it to show a :exclamation:if the number of {Total Tokens} > 63. But if there’s duplicates in that Total Tokens field, you have to manually go through and try to figure out which duplicates there are. I’m looking for a formula that will just spit out which links are duplicates. I don’t need it to delete them, or move them, or anything else. I just need it to list them. Is this possible?

Haven’t seen a question exactly like this I don’t think, but feel free to point me somewhere else if it’s already been answered.

Hi @Caleb_Clausing,

Adam from Airtable here.

Interesting use case. I feel you are in good hands, as I was a park ranger before switching over to Airtable!

I made a short video for you here: Screen Recording 2021-05-10...

GUide to REGEX() functions: Guide to REGEX() functions – Airtable Support

Sorry to not have a more direct solution for you. Perhaps another community member will have an even better idea for you.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.