1407 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created a Maintenance Request form for our hotel, it’s on airtable, just add this to the main URL: /shrK7PyxgxAMM4fFr,
so that we can keep track of the type of issue we have and if some room numbers get more requests than others.

So far, when our front desk agent fills in the form on the link above, the maintenance request goes to Slack and dispatched to either Maintenance or Housekeeping who read the request on Slack. Each request has an Urgency field in Airtable with options as “Right now, Urgent, When possible and Completed”.

What I can’t figure out is how the Maintenance or Housekeeping staff can mark the request from its current Urgency status as “Completed” and how that “Completed” status gets imported back into Airtable so we know it got taken care of…
For the case of Maintenance, we would also like the Maintenance person to be able to take a picture of the completed work and upload it to Slack and have that Completed Item be imported to Airtable.

In a nutshell, I’d like my Maintenance and Housekeeping staff to be able to update the Airtable data but without having access to AIrtable, bc I am afraid they’d otherwise mess up the database.

Has anyone done something similar? What do I need to do or which direction to I need to look? I’ve scrubbed all Google keywords I could think of to help with the matter and can’t figure it out.
I’d heard about Zapier, but I don’t think I am techy enough to be able to make that happen. It feels like there shouldn’t be a need for a 3rd party app anyway, should it?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Laura

2 Replies 2
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This will require a 3rd party (like Zapier, Integromat, etc).

And, to make even more smooth, you’ll need to use a 3rd party form solution (Jotform is our prefered, but could also use Typeform or others). And push the response directly into Zapier/Integromat to perform the update instantly.

Also, you can check out FormNano (https://www.formnano.com/) for a potential approach.

Ricky_Charpenti
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @LMar, I might be able to help. I created a tool that integrates Airtable with other apps, Slack being one of them. I don’t think it’d be too hard to create this specific integration. Please let me know if there’s any way I can help!