I set prefill data for certain columns and created form for other fields. On entering form data, new row is created but these prefill records returned empty. I thought new row will contain prefill data regardless of how it is created.
I referred this for temp solution: Can I prefill a portion of a form?
Right now, the prefill will only work for fields that are included in the form. Hidden fields for forms is on our roadmap.
I’m currently using Cognito forms as a front end for data entry into Airtable which is super useful becuase Cognito allows hidden fields, and seriously powerful calculations. They also allow you to collect payment for form entries which is great because we’re using the form as an order form. The order is placed via the form, payment is collected, the data on the order flows into Airtable and out to our operations team. The connections are made via Zapier which is just a matter of field mapping.
Will this same approach work using Gravity Forms?
@Kasra, is this still on the roadmap?
Hi there, I would need the very same solution. Thanks!
ditto… want this as well.
@Kasra I too am in desperate need of this… two years have elapsed since this reply. Is it still on the roadmap please?
Same as @Giles_Croft, this is the missing piece to make dynamic forms that are truly useful.
Please tell me it‘s coming soon…
Yes. Me too… Useful update
I desperately need this feature – it would eliminate the need for a lot of manual data cleanup and would save sooooo much time. Please add this!
Is there any status on this? I’d love to use this as-well!
Any updates on this issue… ?
Very interested in this. Seems like it’s been on the roadmap for a few years.
Me, and about 50 different people who I referred to Airtable desperately need this update. Is there any way to get the idea if it is still on the roadmap?
Same! Please make this happen!
Also would really love this feature
I would like this change too - PROVIDED: you can specify which fields can be populated through a form and remain hidden. Allowing any field to be populated whether or not it’s visible though a form would introduce a potential security vulnerability IMHO…
Hi @Bruce_Halliburton and others,
I suggest to use Jotform as I do. Benefits:
- It’s integrated to Airtable (Zapier not required).
- It’s free (up to 5 forms).
- You can create dynamic form with conditions
- You can create custom design
- You can prefill values by adding them as parameter in the URL (like Airtable native form)
- You can pass pre-populated values to Airtable even on hidden fields. Just don’t forget in the form settings to select “Don’t clear” in the “Clear Hidden Field Values” question
1 major disavantage:
- You cannot display a dropdown from an Airtable Linked Record field on your Jotform (or send a pre-populated value to a linked record field). I think only Airtable native form can.
3 1/2 years later, and this feature still isn’t here