Help

How to add a template into a current base?

Topic Labels: Base design
1898 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nadia_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys I know how to add the template into my workspace but is it possible to add this data within a base as well? (this base has already been created).

For example, what I am doing right now is trying to move a template called: team workload planner into the one my current bases for the team without removing any info in our current base. Is this possible? Thanks so much :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You cannot import a template into an existing base in one step, although that is a great idea.

You can use the template to create a new base, and then manually copy the tables over one by one. You cannot copy the configuration of a linked record field or a calculated field (formula/lookup/rollup/count). However, you can copy the field names and the contents. The easiest way is to first make it a synced table, then unsync it. Finally, reconfigure linked record and calculated fields by manually copying the configuration.

Nadia_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

:white_check_mark: Thanks so much for your help with this, makes total sense! Appreciate it