Help

I want to filter out the all records so that I only see the last X amount of records. Is this possible?

Topic Labels: Views
594 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erick_Muller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to create a view that only shows the last 8 entries. The reason why I’m not satisfied with just sorting by time created and just looking at the top 8 is because this is going to be a public gallery view for users.

I know I can create a separate checkbox field and give a check mark to the last 8, but I don’t want to manually check off boxes. Is this possible?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Erick_Muller!

If you were just using this base internally for your own purposes, I would recommend the Record List Block, which can be limited to showing you X number of records from a view.

However, if you’re trying to share an external gallery:

As far as I know, you would need to somehow mark the 8 records that you want — if there’s no other identifying characteristic that the 8 records have in common with each other.

You could likely automate this marking process with some sort of an automation using Integromat or Zapier.

However, if you could change your criteria to something like “all the records created in the last week” instead of “most recent 8 records”, then that could just be a filter that you apply to a gallery view — and it would automatically take care of the changing records for you.

Maybe someone else will have some other thoughts on this, too.