Layout to add clients to group events and track invoices for each client

Hi,

As an advanced excel user, I feel like I’m missing something fundamental with the way databases work and I keep trying to do something which I’m now sure is impossible in Airtable but don’t understand why when it seems so simple.

In my latest project:

I want a list of clients
I want my calendar with available group sessions, to which I can add clients
When I add clients to this, I want it to link to a table of invoices, with a new invoice to track for each client.

All I am achieving at the moment is a list of all the amalgamated appointments next to the clients name. This does not allow me to track each invoice as ‘paid’, ‘cancelled’, due etc. I cannot track them from the calendar, because each appointment relates to multiple clients.

This seems the ideal project to add to a database but I know I am missing some basic principles to help me understand how my base design needs changing.

Hi @Presto_Automation,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slight_smile:

This is definitely doable in Airtable. What you are missing is a Line Items table. As you said, now that you have the session linked to several clients, the invoice will come out with all the clients, not for a specific client. You can understand that more here.

If you need any help with the setup, please don’t hesitate to ask.

BR,
Mo

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.