List all dates in a period that falls on the given DOW

Hi there. I’m a newbie to Airtable formulas

I have a field {DOW} which holds a value like Thursday.
I also have values in a different table {Start Date} and {End Date} based on a foreign key.

How do I obtain a list of all the dates between {Start Date} and {End Date} that is the given {DOW}.
Eg Start Date is 28/Jan/2022 and End Date is 8/Apr/2022 and DOW is Thursday.
I want to find all the Thursdays between the given dates.

The list may be stored in 1 field (preferred) or have 1 date stored per field (hence having 10 columns for the 10 Thursdays found in the date period).

Thank you.

Welcome to the community, @Angela_Creative_Play! :smiley: Unfortunately Airtable’s formula system can’t do this. It would require iteration through a collection of dates, and the formula system doesn’t currently support iteration through collections or sequences. This would have to be done in a script. Depending on your needs (and the workspace level where your base lives), this could either be in a Scripting app (available to all users) or in an automation (only for bases in Pro-plan workspaces or higher).

Are you interested in learning to code the script yourself, or would you prefer to hire a developer? If you’re in the latter category, feel free to reach out and we can talk in more detail.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.