cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holland_Kerr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way or perhaps if its under development: a way to order lookups of short text fields and number fields the same. As it currently exists it seems that it lists each item from left to right in a text look up, but from right to left in a numerical lookup. See attached image for example.

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Airtable%20Sort%20Demo

5 Replies 5
Claire_McKeever
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve actually found that it’s even worse than just numerical vs. text. It’s that the linked field and lookup field list in opposite order–that is, if you manually move the records in the linked field, the records in the lookup field changes to mirror that order. I’m not sure why this is and would love either a workaround or a feature fix!

Octavio_Lopez_S
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree, this should be fixed!

Jean_Francois_B
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I found a solution. To make things short, add a lookup field from the linked field. You will have 2 lookup fields side by side in the exact same order as it is supposed to be. Good luck.

PonteAponte_ES
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m facing exactly the same issue.
I’m using ARRAYJOIN(values) and they are organized exactly in the mirror order as @Claire_McKeever described. any solutions? lookup from lookup didn’t help! :frowning:

Sorry my explanation was not very good. have a look at the screenshot attached and you will understand how it works. Lo siento amigo.

Xnip2019-11-25_09-56-46

If you create a field with Rollup and Arrayjoin (values) it will be sorted in the correct order. The order it was added.