2718 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielle_Quinto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m attempting to use the Rollup feature for the first time, and it isn’t working as expected. I have a very simple design – A campaign table that will display rolled-up data from an Invoice table.

Campaign Table:

Here are the settings for one of my Rollup fields:

Invoice Table:

I want the rows of the Invoice table to aggregate based on Campaign ID/Record ID.

Unfortunately, you can see that it is only linking one of the invoice rows – not both of the qualifying Campaign IDs.

What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the Airtable community!

A rollup field will not link records for you. You must link the records yourself. The rollup bases its calculations on only existing linked records.

I did create the link

image.png

So why isn’t it linking all of the invoices for “abc” to this record?

Why is it only linking to one of the records?

image.png

What do I need to do differently?

Danielle

When you create a linked record, you create a link to a specific record in the other table, not to all records with a similar value. Thus, you linked to one specific “abc” record, not to all records with “abc” in the {Campaign ID} field.

If you want to link to all records with “abc” in the {Campaign ID} field, you must link them all individually. You can create the links from either table.

This is one way that Airtable is very different from other relational databases.