1522 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissa_Winter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Currently every morning at 4am, I have an email that gets sent to all my crew that are cleared for work that day (covid testing, etc.). Gmail is now sending me bounce backs because there are too many on that mass email. I am wondering how to integrate Zapier to send this email to everyone who is in a certain grid view, even if that means Zapier goes in and presses a sendgrid email button for everyone there, but I can’t quick figure how how. I’m trying to avoid making someone wake up at 4 am just to hit send on all these people every day.

3 Replies 3

You can connect Zapier directly to your SendGrid account, and send from there. Here is Zapier’s SendGrid integration.

You could also do this with Airtable’s built-in automations, but if you’re already using Zapier, I would probably stick with that because it’s easier & more reliable for scheduling, it has more power, it’s more flexible, etc.

p.s. If you have a budget for this project, and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.

in the Airtable automations, which of the triggers would you use? I’m seeing a lot if trigger options, but nothing that’s specific to a time of day. Unless somehow connecting it to a google calendar event…?

It’s a little bit tricky to do this in Airtable, which is why using Zapier might be the better choice if you’re already familiar with Zapier & already using it. Zapier has built-in scheduling capabilities that fires at exact times. (And I recommend Integromat for everyone who isn’t already using Zapier, since it is much more powerful than Zapier.)

Airtable’s automation scheduling is not precise to the minute, but you can still do it and it will trigger within a few hours of when you want it to trigger (or within 15 minutes if you leave Airtable running & open at all times). It would require you to either use “When Record Enters View” or “When Record Matches Conditions”, and using calculations based on the NOW() function. I would search the forums for “schedule automation”… there are many different threads discussing how to do this. Here’s one of them: