969 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is as much a feature request as it is a community ask.

I have developed a very robust Airtable Base to help manage the day-to-day operations of my business. I know all the intricate details of how the system works, but am finding it difficult to on-board new (and existing, for that matter) employees who need access to portions of the base, but not the entire thing.

I am in the process of putting together a document just to teach the system to my employees.

This screams to me a need to provide a better user interface. I think I have done all I can do to that end, within the constraints of the Airtable system.

So, my questions are:

(For the Community): How are you managing your UI for employees/collaborators while keeping sensitive information and logic out of view? Are you using third party tools to accomplish this? Can you point to any sample bases with solid user experiences for the rest of the community to pull ideas from?

(For Airtable): What is the long-term road map for granular control of permissions (down to the field level, and with custom permission classes)? Is this a feature the Airtable community can expect, ever? I know the topic has been widely discussed on the forums for years and has been a MAJOR HINDRANCE for the adoption of Airtable by many users, and for many use cases.

This would go a long way to improving the usability of my base. As would the ability to cluster tables in folders (or dashboards…something you’ve already done with blocks).

1 Reply 1
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Giving this one a quick bump.