I am quite new to airtable, so if this question has been posted before, please point me in the right direction, as I couldn’t find the answer when searching.
Our small business provides professional services to clients. I am trying to use airtable to make sure we deliver those services agreed in the contracts.
Typically a client might have 4-7 different services across a year which would be grouped into one contract for monthly payments and delivered across a year on dates as agreed - then would get a new contract for the next year with similar or different services.
In my base I have a table for Companies (and one for contacts as quite a few people within each company) and then one for Contracts as each company could have many contracts over a lifetime.
In the Contracts table, I record the start and end date of the contract, the monthly payment, attach a copy of the agreement and link it to the comapny name from the Company table. However I would like to be able to do the following:
- enter the new contract details into the database to show the services that need to be delivered
- add/track proposed delivery dates (one by one - once agreed with the client) - and have this link to a calendar view (we use google)
- if the proposed service date change, update it (preferably from the calendar view if this is possible)
- be able to simply check off when each service is actually delivered (from the calendar(?))
- Have it automatically show which services are still outstanding (and be able to see if they have a proposed date or not).
Can airtable do this? What is the best way in terms of fields etc? Am I expecting too much, or is there a better/different product?
Not sure if it’s relevant, but currently lots of services get postponed so often delivered after the contracted period. Also, it would be great to record the results of some services (surveys etc) for comparison year to year.
Many thanks in advance for any advice.