2087 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_R
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Does anyone have any experience using Zapier’s Digest and Airtable?

1. A new record is added to a view on Airtable
  2. Zapier appends the record details to your digest
  3. Zapier sends you an email with the digest contents at the specified release time you set, and refreshes the digest.

Trying to implement this, however the digest only ever contains one new record, when there has definitely been more than one created. I need this to give me a summary of new records created on a weekly basis delivered to me via email.

5 Replies 5

Hi

I’ve definitely used this for a client and it works beautifully - in this case I used an Append to digest in one zap and a separate release existing digest in another zap which runs weekly (and after the release, sends out an email with the summary).

These days, I would usually choose to do this type of thing with Integromat because I would be able to query the database daily and process all the matching records in a single ‘Scenario’ (the name Integromat give to their processes).

You may find this Blog post useful (it has an example of collecting multiple records and creating an email with a Table containing them):

http://software.kirknessassociates.com/blog_files/6f3e73f9a3a3886171957ed39623787d-32.html

…note that in this example I’m not using Airtable as the database but the principle is exactly the same.

[You would also be able to store the records in Integromat like you do in a Digest if you wanted]

Thanks for your response @Julian_Kirkness, much appreciated.

Regarding your comment…

“I’ve definitely used this for a client and it works beautifully - in this case I used an Append to digest in one zap and a separate release existing digest in another zap which runs weekly (and after the release, sends out an email with the summary).”

Just to clarify the way you go about it…
Zap 1:
Trigger - (Airtable) New Record in View
Action - (Zapier Digest) Append Entry and Schedule Digest

Zap 2:
send email with digest etc…

I guess I’m stuck on the Action within Zap 1. From testing, the digest seems to only capture one new record and no other new records after that. When I’m editing the template for the Digest, using the ‘Insert a Field’ button under the ‘Entry’ section, I select the single field (in the screenshot below this is "Step 1 ", which is linked to my Airtable base and will always be a number). What I would like to happen is that every new record created for that field (step 1: ) to add (append) to my digest. This however doesn’t seem to happen.

I’ve included a screenshot of this below if you could please review?

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 3.47.54 pm.png

Hi @Tom_R

Looking at your screenshot, how are you ‘releasing’ your digest? You would need another step after the append entry (say an email to send the contents to someone). This will be actioned only once the date/time in the Frequency options comes round.

Alternatively, you could use Manual and then have a separate Zap which runs weekly and releases the Digest (which is the way one of mine is set up).

Julian

I assume you found the Office 365 App in Zapier?

Correct! I’ve done a few tests now and the two Zaps are working as they should, very satisfying.

Thanks for all your help!