Help

Community Change Maker: Nick Robeson

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura_McCarthy
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

The Airtable Community Change Maker Spotlights are a new ongoing series where we will be highlighting inspirational creators across the Airtable Community. We are thrilled to be able to highlight Nick Robeson

LM: How would you describe yourself on the back of your autobiography?

NR: As a Digital Project/Product Owner, streamlining processes and automating workflows are two of my biggest passions. If there’s a way I can eliminate or automate a tedious manual task for someone, I’m all in.

My passion for technology and continuous improvement has been around since I can remember. Back in my college golf days, I was always looking to get better using the latest and greatest technology to improve my swing mechanics. Shortly after college, I took my passions to the fintech industry and haven’t looked back.

When I’m not working, I’m either adding to my sneaker collection, playing golf or spending time with the family in the metro Detroit Area!

LM: How do you use Airtable? At work? At home?

NR: At my company, I use Airtable to build custom solutions to increase efficiency. The new two-way sync helps us eliminate data silos and allows Airtable to become the source of truth. Below are just a few of the solutions I’ve built for teams around the company:

• Automating Template Creation & Workflows
  • Event Management
  • Editorial Calendars
  • Asset Management
  • Automated Reports
  • Leadership Dashboards
  • Project Management

At home, I use Airtable to keep track of my kids’ schedules and recipes.

LM: What is your favorite Airtable feature?

NR: One of my team’s favorite features (which I would consider to be underrated) is the ability to gather information via Airtable forms and display it within Page Designer. Combining these two basic, yet powerful functionalities allows us to create reports to summarize record details for our senior leadership.

LM: How did you learn how to use Airtable?

NR: I’ve always found the best way to learn anything is by doing, and that’s exactly what I did. Creating a base and experimenting with different features and functionalities worked wonders. The Airtable Help Center and Community were invaluable to my initial learning and still are.

LM: If someone is looking to start learning Airtable, what resources would you send them?

NR: That’s easy! When someone on my team approaches me about learning Airtable, I send them straight to the Airtable Community forum. The amount of experience and knowledge within the forum is unlike any other resource I’ve used before, and everyone is always happy to help!

LM: What is your favorite Airtable project you’ve ever worked on?

NR: One of the most impactful projects I’ve worked on came as the result of shadowing a member of our Events team. The solution saved him 8-10 hours/week and was a Project Management & Request Approval tool that utilizes Airtable forms, automations and numerous Interface pages.

LM: What is your #1 Airtable product request?

NR: Limiting character count for Long Text fields within Airtable forms would be extremely beneficial to ensure Page Designer templates can be properly utilized.

LM: Anything else you’d like to share?

NR: When you combine the power of built-in automations, easy to use extensions, seamless app integrations and Interfaces to display the information to the end user, the possibilities are truly endless. With so many built-in solutions, I look forward to finding the next one ­– and that’s what keeps me going. I am forever grateful for the amazing service the Airtable team has provided.

AIRTBL_822.png

1 Comment