Introducing: Mobile Interfaces on iPhone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patti_Lo
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello everyone! I’m Patti, a Product Designer at Airtable and I’m excited to share Mobile Interfaces are now available to use on your iPhone!

Whether you're commuting, away from your desk, or simply prefer using your phone, you can now effortlessly view and manage interfaces from the convenience of the Airtable app. All you have to do is download the latest version of the Airtable iOS app.

Below are some key functionalities you’ll see on mobile:

Easily navigate to your interfaces directly from the Airtable app home screen or from links in emails and notifications.

mobile-interfaces-nav.pngCut through the noise and view full-screen pages of List, Gallery, Calendar, or Kanban layouts. Not only that, you’ll also be able to search and filter records using the tab or dropdown filter elements.

mobile-interfaces-views.png

Make edits to field data, view and add comments, and take most button actions on a record.

mobile-interfaces-record.png

Add new records through a form.

mobile-interfaces-form.png

As you use the new mobile experience, please share your thoughts with us—we value your feedback as we continue to improve and develop more features and layouts. We’re looking forward to hearing what you think! Again, just make sure you have the most updated version of the app

Last but not least, we did not forget about all our amazing Android users! Stay tuned for an update in the near future.

47 Comments
J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

After some troubleshooting, am following up on the required fields bug in case it's helpful to anyone else: seems like required fields only work on mobile form interfaces when a conditional field is also present.  Current workaround is to add an extra field and set it to show only when an unlikely value is present in another field.  

The user will never see the extra field and required field functionality appears to work afterward for the rest of the form.  

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Patti_Loit's worth noting that opening an Interface List View via the iOS browser - it functions exactly how I'd expect the Airtable Mobile App to work. I'm not sure why there's a difference between the two, but the App is the lesser experience compared to the browser.

The Mobile App is absolutely needed, so hoping to have this and the other issues addressed. The problem we have with an Interface via the mobile browser is that **bleep** side bar - it's impossible to completely collapse to remove it making it a real pain that takes up all the space, especially a concern when dealing with vertical limited screen space of a mobile experience.

Roman_Keller
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have no access to Interfaces on my iPhone. I have iOS17 installed. Could this be the problem ?

H2Hawkins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is great. Now, if you will just do this for tablets - especially the iPad!

david_zlato
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Linking records or creating new linked records does not work for me. The action of the button to go to another page of the interface does not work either. Will it be added in the future?

Chrisie_Bayle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Im seeing all these positive comments 🙂 I have just created an interface to test this feature.  I cant find any of my interfaces, old or new on my Iphone.  there is no update to the app available so i assume i have the latest version, and there is no update to my Iphone available so i assume i am using the latest version of that as well.  what am i doing wrong?

rhine-hwc

Any update for Android users?

Brianb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are moving our clients to interfaces only with field users only working on iPads. 
Is there any timeline for deploying interfaces to iPad OS?

Greidam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is awesome Patti! Very excited for this feature.

Having an issue though, no matter which interface style I choose I can't edit field data on mobile. I have the "edit records inline" setting turned on, and can edit them on my computer. But not on the app for some reason, despite what the announcement says. Is there another setting I could be missing?

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Greidam 

They have removed a few features since the app interfaces launched. I think it was mostly for bugfixes, but I haven't seen any updates pushed to fix what was removed.