Introducing: Mobile Interfaces on iPhone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patti_Lo
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hello everyone! I’m Patti, a Product Designer at Airtable and I’m excited to share Mobile Interfaces are now available to use on your iPhone!

Whether you're commuting, away from your desk, or simply prefer using your phone, you can now effortlessly view and manage interfaces from the convenience of the Airtable app. All you have to do is download the latest version of the Airtable iOS app.

Below are some key functionalities you’ll see on mobile:

Easily navigate to your interfaces directly from the Airtable app home screen or from links in emails and notifications.

mobile-interfaces-nav.pngCut through the noise and view full-screen pages of List, Gallery, Calendar, or Kanban layouts. Not only that, you’ll also be able to search and filter records using the tab or dropdown filter elements.

mobile-interfaces-views.png

Make edits to field data, view and add comments, and take most button actions on a record.

mobile-interfaces-record.png

Add new records through a form.

mobile-interfaces-form.png

As you use the new mobile experience, please share your thoughts with us—we value your feedback as we continue to improve and develop more features and layouts. We’re looking forward to hearing what you think! Again, just make sure you have the most updated version of the app

Last but not least, we did not forget about all our amazing Android users! Stay tuned for an update in the near future.

47 Comments
catchingair2125
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Do you have a timeline for interfaces on iPad?

PCADmin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Do we have any concrete plans to release the same thing on Android? Currently almost 4 months post iOS launch and not a peep since the whole, "no worries, didn't forget about you!". 

Kinda seems like that statement isn't holding too true at the moment. 

aaaaaaa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sometimes, certain parts become hidden or cannot be opened. Is it possible that when there are a lot of items displayed on the interface, they may not show up? Additionally, I've noticed that the display doesn't work when using the record picker. Is it because the record picker is not available on mobile?

aaaaaaa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Are there any differences in the interface between smartphones and tablets? It seems to display correctly on tablets, but on smartphones, it can hardly be displayed.

cleendetailing
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It looks like the Calendar block is broken for me on mobile. I can't see anything. Is there a known bug?

hannahRFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Can anyone offer any tips or pointers for how to get the interface to work in mobile view? 

It wasn't working for me but I thought this was because my interfaces were too complex for mobile, or used some element that wasn't compatible, but I created a simple record interface for mobile and even that isn't working.

I really need to be able to view at least a simplified interface on mobile, so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I am using an iPhone and on the latest version of the Airtable app. 

Thanks in advance! 

IMG_2154.PNG

Jub
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It seems that Airtable has released or is going to release an update for Android. I asked someone to try it, but he said that with his app it doesn't work fully yet. What is your experience?

https://support.airtable.com/docs/differences-between-the-desktop-and-mobile-versions