Help

Introducing new ways to harness the power of AI, build apps, and connect data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie_Sosa
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

👋Hi all! I’m Stephanie, product marketer at Airtable and I'm so excited to introduce some powerful new features to help teams build AI-powered apps on top of shared data—all within a single, scalable platform.

Today, we’re bringing AI to Airtable, making Airtable the easiest and fastest way to deploy AI-powered applications across the enterprise. We're also releasing new features to empower teams to get up and running and build powerful apps quickly with a suite of pre-built applications for marketing and product teams. 

• Apps by Airtable: Get set up and running faster than ever with out-of-the-box apps built for critical use cases. Available for Enterprise.
  • Verified data: Easily protect and manage your org’s most important data from one place, while making it accessible to those who need it most. Available for Enterprise.
  • Two-way sync: Automatically sync data and edits back and forth between workflows so your teams can easily collaborate on the most up-to-date information. Available for Enterprise.

We’re rolling these updates out over the next week; if you don’t see them reflected in your workspace, hold tight! 

But something I’m super excited to announce is a new left navigation in Interface Designer. Now, we’re making it easier for you to quickly find and engage with the most important parts of their workflows. In addition to the updates we released back in March, Interface Designer makes it that much easier to build on Airtable. (And spoiler alert: we’re not done. Stay tuned for even more exciting updates to the app building experience)

Stephanie_Sosa_0-1683733750437.png

Left Navigation: New left navigation panel for easy navigation between interfaces & pages.

But that’s not all, you’ll also see that we cleaned up the share view menu so that your teams can discover and share important views and data across the org.

Stephanie_Sosa_1-1683733760055.png
Redesigned Share View Menu: Simplified sharing and syncing with a redesigned share view dialog.

These features will be a game changer for teams of all sizes—helping them build the apps they need on a scalable, secure platform. Learn more about these updates in our blog post!

We can’t wait to hear what you think, and see what you build, with these updates!

124 Comments
BillH
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

@Liz_Shaw Thank you for pointing that out, for some reason I hadn't picked up on that move backwards.

At the moment I have 10 tabs open related to airtable, and the different colors and icons used to be very helpful.  What's the point in picking a seperate icon and color for an interface if the icon for the underlying base is the only one that gets used?

Erin_Keeffe
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agree that the removal of different colors for interfaces is another confusing regression. It’s also mismatched with what shows on the Airtable home screen. Guessing this will get resolved in a future update but seems like another sign that this feature was rushed to market half baked…

ballt5
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a creator and since the new sidebar interface feature, I cannot change the colour of interfaces. Apart from not liking the sidebar feature and its lack of collapsibility, I need to be able to change the colours of each interface, that is the point of having them separate, otherwise you are just turning it into pages and subpages as if it is all one big interface!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I am so pleased that so many dozens of people have chimed into this thread to voice their complaints about the damage that Airtable has done to the product with this very rushed and very poorly thought-out update.

It is also eye-opening for everyone to see the lack of response from Airtable employees as well, because now everybody is getting their own personal experience with the uphill battle that Airtable customers & consultants have been fighting against for almost a decade now. 

I think everybody can see very clearly now that Airtable does not seem to care about the needs of their customers, nor do they seem to listen to their customers.

TDY
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just roll the **bleep** release back and apologize.

You'll instantly make everyone an ally.

Eric_McFetridge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Tomorrow is the day! I’m not looking forward to all the complaints in the morning… I love Airtable but tomorrow isn’t going to be fun.

David_Evans1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please allow us to revert the left side bar changes. Makes everything look horrible and unusable. Not sure why Airtable provides updates and forces you to change your design, just add features and allow the community to verify if it is helpful or not...  

David_Evans1

A perfect solution would be to allow the left-side navigation bar to expand when hovered over the icon on the left and collapse when not in use to prevent a static version that is stuck on everyone screens. Especially since this bar is interacted with probably less than 5% of the time.. does not warrant this much space on the UI. 

Sabrina_Hoeke1

The interface sidebar is an absolute deficit to most of my interface designs. There must be a way to collapse or get rid of it completely. It is a huge step backwards, and takes precious real estate away from the tool we really want to use. Please make this go away

mprokop

Tons and tons of people on my team complaining about the left side navigation now that it's rolled out to all. Really cannot believe you saw all these complaints and still decided to deploy it widely.